Skip to main content

Reviving UnWrest

What's up everyone?


As you can probably tell, I've been off the blog for a couple months now. Call it burn out. Call it work. Call it life. Call it bad TV. Whatever you want to call it, the fact is I'm not going to let the blog die at this point. However, I am going to change it back up again.

Here are the changes going forward:

1) WWE TV and Event Reviews are going to be condensed into 1 weekly review going forward. Why? Because WWE has literally sucked the life out of my fandom for the last 2 months. Just being completely honest about it. I'm bored with it, and I'm not going to spend too much time reviewing something that doesn't frankly merit it. (Don't get me started on the Firefly Funhouse. I know people with microphones are loving it. I'm not one of them.) I will revisit this decision once I feel that WWE merits the attention of a show-by-show review. NXT might even get more attention in those posts than Raw or SmackDown.

2) ROH is getting one last review from me: Best in the World. After this month's event, I'm cancelling HonorClub until that product and brand show life. Because if I wanted to stare at half-empty buildings for an hour, I'd watch Washington Redskins home games in December. (I say that as a Redskins fan.)

3) MLW. Next...

4) I am going to do NJPW G1 Climax reviews like last year. I may condense those down even more show from show, with perhaps even less focus on the undercard matches. But I'm genuinely excited for New Japan in the next two months.

5) AEW is going to get some attention from me as well. I ordered Double or Nothing and will do a review once I get around to it. Fyter Fest may even be reviewed before I get to that.

I'm also looking for new things to add to the blog going forward. I do know a few friends who are wrestling fans. If possible, I might try to get them involved as well as I try to do interesting things on this blog and have some fun.

I'm working on a G1 Climax Preview blog. Hope to have it up by Friday.

Until later, take care of yourselves. Spread some awesomeness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UnWrest Focus REWIND: Vader vs. Cactus Jack (WCW Halloween Havoc, 10/24/1993)

Spin the Wheel, Make The Deal. That was the gimmick going into this iconic match between two of the hardest hitting wrestlers of all time. It was the storyline months in development: Cactus Jack had just returned after Vader mauled him with a battery of injuries and a concussion to get his revenge. Vader, a merciless monster who delivers pain and punishment to all his vicitms, faced Cactus Jack, the one guy who would take Vader's assault and like the orphan Annie would ask for more. And if Vader wanted to brawl, no one could take Vader's offense and return it in spades quite like Cactus Jack. So, WCW billed the match as "Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal." The idea being that the actual stipulation of the match would be determined on Halloween Havoc by the spin of a big wheel. (If only wrestling could take the "Big Wheel" from The Price is Right. And of course, we'd have to make sure it goes all the way around.) So, the wheel landed that night on a Texas D

WCW Spring Stampede 1994 Review- WCW At Its Best + Flair/Steamboat In Another Classic

It's WCW in early 1994. We're now working up the hype for the eventual debut of Hulk Hogan to the company. This seems like the final last gasp of what WCW was prior to Hogan's debut with the company. Tonight, we are getting WCW World Champion Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat 5 years after their classic feud (covered on UnWrest Focus earlier). We are also getting International World Champion Ravishing Rick Rude vs. Sting. We also have Steve Austin defending his U.S. Championship against The Great Muta! And Cactus Jack and Maxx Payne go to war with The Nasty Boys in a Chicago Street Fight. Here we go! Mean Gene Okerlund welcomes us to the show as fireworks go off. We're in the Rosemont Horizon in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. Aaron Neville sings the National Anthem holding on to as many harmonies and vowels as he can. Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan put over the main event. 1) Johnny B. Badd vs. Diamond Dallas Page (w/ Diamond Doll) Badd comes out dressed like