Skip to main content

ALL IN Predictions

Well, we've finally made it to the big weekend. They're calling it the biggest event since the first WrestleMania in terms of its importance to the business. Whether you believe it or not, there's no denying that this is an incredible feat in independent wrestling. It also could be seen in a few months as the beginning of the end of this independent wrestling movement if Vince McMahon and WWE ends up signing The Elite to "Elite" contracts in his company.

But I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. Instead, let's focus on the moment. This is going to be an incredible show. Here are my quick predictions for the show:

1) NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Nick Aldis (c) vs. Cody
It's Cody's show. The son of the son of a plummer from Austin, Texas is going to go to the pay window, if you will!
My Prediction: Cody.

2) Kazuchika Okada vs. Marty Scurll
I really like Marty Scurll. And I know that Okada does jobs now. But... I don't see it for this match. Scurll is in a position to win even by losing with even having this match.
My Prediction: Kazuchika Okada

3) Joey Janela vs. Hangman Page- Chicago Street Fight
I am not someone that knows too much about Janela. It wouldn't be too surprising to see Joey Ryan swing into the match and cost Page the match as part of the whole murder mystery on Being The Elite. But I'm still picking a future top act in wrestling to win this.
My Prediction: Hangman Page

4) Rey Mysterio, Fenix, and Bandido vs. The Young Bucks and Kota Ibushi
Again, it's The Bucks show. But this is going to be an awesome insane display of athleticism.
My Prediction: Bucks and Ibushi

5) Christopher Daniels vs. Stephen Amell
Stephen Amell does not do jobs, even to former world champions. He will not fail this city.
My Prediction: Stephen Amell

6) Madison Rayne vs. Britt Baker vs. Chelsea Green vs. Tessa Blanchard
I'm going with the daughter of Tully.
My Prediction: Tessa Blanchard

7) Over Budget Battle Royal **
Hot Take: NEVILLE/PAC shows up and wins this battle royal.
My Prediction: PAC

8) ROH World Championship
Jay Lethal (c) vs. Winner of Over Budget Battle Royal
I don't see ROH doing a title switch UNLESS it is PAC/Neville to shock the world. So, I'm hedging my bets here.
My Prediction: Jay Lethal

9) Kenny Omega vs. Pentagon Jr.
It's Kenny Omega. He's the best wrestler in the world. I'm not too familiar with Pentagon's work, but I'm looking forward to what I understand will be another fun wrestler facing The Best Bout Machine.
My Prediction: Kenny Omega

10) The Briscoe Brothers vs. Scorpio Sky and Frankie Kazarian **
The Briscoes are not losing this match.
My Prediction: The Briscoes

**- Pre-Show Match

Overall Prediction: FUN. This show is simply going to be fun. The only thing that can make this truly great is if The Elite come out after Cody wins the NWA World Championship and sign new contracts with Ring of Honor/New Japan Pro Wrestling right on top of a laying WWE logo.

I'll be posting a review of the show after the final match has wrapped up. Until then, take care of yourselves, spread some awesomeness, and whatever you do, go ALL IN (just like I did with the comma button just now).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UnWrest Focus REWIND: Vader vs. Cactus Jack (WCW Halloween Havoc, 10/24/1993)

Spin the Wheel, Make The Deal. That was the gimmick going into this iconic match between two of the hardest hitting wrestlers of all time. It was the storyline months in development: Cactus Jack had just returned after Vader mauled him with a battery of injuries and a concussion to get his revenge. Vader, a merciless monster who delivers pain and punishment to all his vicitms, faced Cactus Jack, the one guy who would take Vader's assault and like the orphan Annie would ask for more. And if Vader wanted to brawl, no one could take Vader's offense and return it in spades quite like Cactus Jack. So, WCW billed the match as "Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal." The idea being that the actual stipulation of the match would be determined on Halloween Havoc by the spin of a big wheel. (If only wrestling could take the "Big Wheel" from The Price is Right. And of course, we'd have to make sure it goes all the way around.) So, the wheel landed that night on a Texas D