Skip to main content

NXT Takeover Brooklyn IV Predictions


Here we are folks: The semi-regular reminder of how we wish WWE PPVs actually were. This may be the greatest NXT Takeover show ever put together. On paper, there is not a lemon on this show. The worst match may be a match that would be awesome on any other NXT Takeover. Fans in Brooklyn, you are extremely lucky. Anyways, here are my predictions for each match:

Velveteen Dream vs. EC3

On a normal night, this match would be the one I would point to saying it could steal the show. But these guys are on one hell of a stacked show. That being said, it will be one hell of a match.

This is also to me the hardest match to predict. EC3 really needs a big win in order to help get himself over after being in NXT for a few months with not much to show for it (besides the 5 Star- "would be 6 stars in the Tokyo Dome" - Ladder Match).  But Velveteen Dream is in a similar position and has had more high profile matches that he's lost. For that reason, I'm going with Velveteen Dream to get the big win at NXT Takeover. I hope this feud continues though.

My Prediction: Velveteen Dream.

NXT Tag Team Championship
The Undisputed Era (O'Reilly and Strong) (c) vs. Mustache Mountain

In another match that makes you realize the embarrassment of riches that NXT currently enjoys, we get another round between these two awesome teams. They absolutely tore the house down in a series of matches over the summer in England and back at Full Sail. I have no doubt they will do the same here. BUT let's be real here. Mustache Mountain will be wrestling on NXT UK soon here. I don't see them winning the NXT Tag Team Championships here. It's going to be awesome nonetheless.

My Prediction: The Undisputed Era

NXT Women's Championship
Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Kairi Sane

I would like to see Kairi Sane win the match as I think she's been underutilized on NXT. BUT Shayna's not done with this championship yet in my opinion. I think she's too good as a powerhouse on top of the women's roster. Sane will push her to the limit, but the Pirate Princess is going to fall to the Queen of Spades.

My Prediction: Shayna Baszler

NXT North American Championship
Adam Cole (c) (BAY BAY) vs. Ricochet

This can go multiple ways. Adam Cole is obviously someone Triple H sees a lot in, as most of us do. That could ultimately be the reason he loses the championship on this show. Maybe Cole passes the title on to Ricochet in order to be a new contender for the NXT Championship.

For Ricochet, winning the NXT North American Championship would definitely be a step in the right direction. He's continued to be impressive since making his debut at NXT Takeover New Orleans. But will this be the night he wins his first championship?

Yes. I'm predicting Ricochet wins the North American Championship, while Adam Cole moves on to challenge for the NXT Championship.

My Prediction: Ricochet.

Main Event
NXT Championship
Last Man Standing Match
Tomasso Ciampa (c) vs. Johnny Gargano

And here we go again. How many fans will be bringing street signs and keyboards in this match? I digress. I have no doubt these two will bring the house down as they usually do. I think Gargano is going to be crowned the new NXT Champion. I think there are more heels to challenge Gargano than there are faces to challenge Ciampa. So, I'm calling for the title change.

My Prediction: Johnny Gargano

** I could see this match ending in a draw with both men destroying each other to the point where neither can answer the count of 10. It'll get booed out of the building, but I can see it happening.

Well, those are my picks for NXT Takeover. Check out the blog after the show as I will be posting my thoughts on it ASAP. And look for my SummerSlam predictions on the website soon if you are interested in those.

Until then, take care of yourselves. And spread some awesomeness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UnWrest Focus REWIND: Vader vs. Cactus Jack (WCW Halloween Havoc, 10/24/1993)

Spin the Wheel, Make The Deal. That was the gimmick going into this iconic match between two of the hardest hitting wrestlers of all time. It was the storyline months in development: Cactus Jack had just returned after Vader mauled him with a battery of injuries and a concussion to get his revenge. Vader, a merciless monster who delivers pain and punishment to all his vicitms, faced Cactus Jack, the one guy who would take Vader's assault and like the orphan Annie would ask for more. And if Vader wanted to brawl, no one could take Vader's offense and return it in spades quite like Cactus Jack. So, WCW billed the match as "Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal." The idea being that the actual stipulation of the match would be determined on Halloween Havoc by the spin of a big wheel. (If only wrestling could take the "Big Wheel" from The Price is Right. And of course, we'd have to make sure it goes all the way around.) So, the wheel landed that night on a Texas D