Skip to main content

This Week's Agenda + Thank You

What's up everyone?

First of all, I want to say THANK YOU. Thank you to everyone who has checked out the blog, spread the word about this blog, and continues to follow along. The ROH reviews both ended up being among the most read blogs of the 2 weeks I've been doing this. That tells me there is an audience for ROH reviews and blogs. So, I will continue to do my best to watch the ROH product and provide analysis on what I'm seeing. I've only recently started watching the brand full-time, but I am going back to watch older content from the last couple years on Honor Club. If you have any thoughts about this or other content you would want me to add to the website, let me know.

Here's an update for what to expect this week on UnWrest...

Discussion Vol.2- Favorite Matches of the Last 28 Years- Again, this is going to be a list of my personal favorite matches from each decade leading to my Top Ten Favorite Matches of the Last 28 Years Overall. 

Thursday- The Weekly UnWrest Blog covering the big happenings on WWE and ROH TV as well as the Podcast of the Week and Rewind Match (an EXTREME Rewind match, at that).  IF NJPW World adds anything from the recent shows in the UK, I'll cover those on here as well.

Classic Wrestling Review: Picking a WWE/WCW/ECW/ROH/NJPW event to watch back and review on this page. I'll take any suggestions or requests you may have here below. The only caveat is that it has to be available on WWE Network, NJPW World, or Honor Club. (And left to my own devices, it's probably going to be an ROH show, Bay Bay).

SATURDAY- Coverage of the NJPW G1 Special from San Francisco with live blogging starting at 8.

Updates to the Website
I'm still working on changing up the color scheme of the website. The layout is going to probably itself remain the same for now. But I'm still tinkering with the site. So, if you check in and things look a little weird, it's probably because I'm in the process of working through the website and changing things up.

About The Next Couple Weeks
I will be limited in the amount of coverage I will have on the website the next couple weeks. Next week should have some new posts on it. The week after will be most likely a week off from posting on the website as I will be away. I might get a post or two on if I can find the time on a stormy day. As promised, when I return, I will be catching up on G1 Coverage somehow. A working plan is to do just the G1 matches on the first week plus (July 14-23), completely ignoring whatever happened on the undercard. The other option is to cover everything and just eventually get caught up with the daily shows. We'll see what option I end up taking.

Thank you all again. Leave any comments. Next post will be up either Tuesday Night or Wednesday.

Until that time, take care of yourselves and spread some awesomeness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UnWrest Focus REWIND: Vader vs. Cactus Jack (WCW Halloween Havoc, 10/24/1993)

Spin the Wheel, Make The Deal. That was the gimmick going into this iconic match between two of the hardest hitting wrestlers of all time. It was the storyline months in development: Cactus Jack had just returned after Vader mauled him with a battery of injuries and a concussion to get his revenge. Vader, a merciless monster who delivers pain and punishment to all his vicitms, faced Cactus Jack, the one guy who would take Vader's assault and like the orphan Annie would ask for more. And if Vader wanted to brawl, no one could take Vader's offense and return it in spades quite like Cactus Jack. So, WCW billed the match as "Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal." The idea being that the actual stipulation of the match would be determined on Halloween Havoc by the spin of a big wheel. (If only wrestling could take the "Big Wheel" from The Price is Right. And of course, we'd have to make sure it goes all the way around.) So, the wheel landed that night on a Texas D