Skip to main content

Hell in a Cell 2018 Predictions


Welcome to the 2018 Hell in a Cell Prediction post. Here, I am going to give you my thoughts on each match, who I think will win, and who I think should win.
**I am posting this Tuesday Night before the show. So, I may revise this post if new matches are added or any changes to the card are made.**

1) Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse
I personally don't think that Daniel Bryan should get a win over The Miz until close to WrestleMania. I can see Brie taking the fall here to save Daniel from taking another pinfall loss. And frankly, that's the right call in my opinion. I know half of this match will be good in any case.
My Prediction: Miz and Maryse

2) Raw Tag Team Championships: Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose
I don't see any reason why the tag team championships will or should change hands here. The heels just won the championship. Seth just won the Intercontinental Championship, and there's no reason to put ANOTHER championship in The Shield's stable.
My Prediction: Dolph and Drew retain

3) SmackDown Tag Team Championships: The New Day (c) vs. Rusev Day
I can see them pulling a fast one and having Rusev Day winning the Tag Team Championships. But I really don't think there's money in doing it at this time. Rusev Day has cooled down as an act compared to where it was just a few months ago, whereas The New Day remains a hot act several years into its run. I don't see them (Rusev Day; "Pronouns Pal") getting the tag team titles now. Maybe, if the storyline continues into another month or two, I can see it happening. As it is now, New Day continues their pancake-driven fun.
My Prediction: The New Day

4) SmackDown Women's Championship
Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Becky Lynch
This is the match I'm a little bit wishy-washy on. On one hand, I can see WWE keeping the championship on Charlotte, either doubling down on the Charlotte as champion or perhaps repositioning Charlotte as the heel in the feud. On the other hand, I can see WWE attempting to course correct their storyline by putting the title on Becky Lynch. In the end, I really don't give WWE that much credit to think about changing up the title this quickly. Although, I do think Becky Lynch should be Women's Champion by the end of this. But my heart differs from what my head says. So, Charlotte retains.
My Prediction: Charlotte

5) Raw Women's Championship
Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Alexa Bliss
I appreciate the fact that WWE tried to give Alexa an excuse to get offense on Ronda Sunday. But who are we kidding here? They aren't taking the title off the golden star of Raw after just putting it on her a month ago.
My Prediction: Ronda Rousey

6) Hell in a Cell: Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton
This match exists for only one reason: Jeff Hardy will plunge off the Hell in a Cell. They've basically guaranteed that he's going to do something nuts. The problem is I don't see Orton taking that bump from Jeff. Jeff misses; Orton gets the win.
My Prediction: Randy Orton

7) WWE Championship
AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe
This is going to be another great match between these two. I would love to see Samoa Joe get the win and be the bully champion of SmackDown. It would also give AJ Styles a chance to chase the title for a change. The problem is that AJ Styles is literally the cover of WWE 2K19. And they've basically built the brand around him. So, as much as I want to see Joe have at least a month or two reign as champion, I'm going with AJ to retain.
My Prediction: AJ Styles

8) WWE Universal Championship
Hell In a Cell
Roman Reigns (c) vs. Braun Strowman
** Special Guest Referee: Mick Foley
Braun is about to become a big statistic in Money in the Bank. He'll join the ranks of Baron Corbin, John Cena, and Damien Sandow as men who failed to become champion when they cashed in Money in the Bank. I just don't see WWE taking the title off of Roman after getting his "big win" last month over Brock Lesnar. Foley is in this match to help get sympathy on Roman and heat on Strowman when he inevitably attacks Foley. It's master manipulation by Vince McMahon by using Foley as the puppet in his grand scheme of getting Roman over.
My Prediction: Roman Reigns 

Well, that does it for now. If things change, I will update this post with a new prediction. As it is now, I think this can be a decent event. I just don't see it blowing any of our expectations out of the water. I think WWE has positioned this show as a roadblock to its bigger plans for the Australia show and the All-Women Evolution event. So, I'm not predicting any big changes and a maintenance of the status quo more or less.

Agree or disagree? Let me know and share your thoughts in the comments below. Until next time, take care of yourselves, spread some awesomeness, and see you in Hell.

That didn't sound right. I meant Hell in a Cell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UnWrest Focus REWIND: Vader vs. Cactus Jack (WCW Halloween Havoc, 10/24/1993)

Spin the Wheel, Make The Deal. That was the gimmick going into this iconic match between two of the hardest hitting wrestlers of all time. It was the storyline months in development: Cactus Jack had just returned after Vader mauled him with a battery of injuries and a concussion to get his revenge. Vader, a merciless monster who delivers pain and punishment to all his vicitms, faced Cactus Jack, the one guy who would take Vader's assault and like the orphan Annie would ask for more. And if Vader wanted to brawl, no one could take Vader's offense and return it in spades quite like Cactus Jack. So, WCW billed the match as "Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal." The idea being that the actual stipulation of the match would be determined on Halloween Havoc by the spin of a big wheel. (If only wrestling could take the "Big Wheel" from The Price is Right. And of course, we'd have to make sure it goes all the way around.) So, the wheel landed that night on a Texas D

WCW Spring Stampede 1994 Review- WCW At Its Best + Flair/Steamboat In Another Classic

It's WCW in early 1994. We're now working up the hype for the eventual debut of Hulk Hogan to the company. This seems like the final last gasp of what WCW was prior to Hogan's debut with the company. Tonight, we are getting WCW World Champion Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat 5 years after their classic feud (covered on UnWrest Focus earlier). We are also getting International World Champion Ravishing Rick Rude vs. Sting. We also have Steve Austin defending his U.S. Championship against The Great Muta! And Cactus Jack and Maxx Payne go to war with The Nasty Boys in a Chicago Street Fight. Here we go! Mean Gene Okerlund welcomes us to the show as fireworks go off. We're in the Rosemont Horizon in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. Aaron Neville sings the National Anthem holding on to as many harmonies and vowels as he can. Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan put over the main event. 1) Johnny B. Badd vs. Diamond Dallas Page (w/ Diamond Doll) Badd comes out dressed like