Skip to main content

Lucha Underground Anyone?

Just finished watching Lucha Underground for the first time this week. I watched the four Aztec Warfare matches that the promotion has put together. I like the format of the match with it being a Royal Rumble only with pins and submissions and no DQs. I enjoyed the first one the most, with the third one probably being my least favorite of the four (although it was fun as well).  I also watched the All Night Long match between Johnny Mundo (Johnny Impact/John Morrison) and Prince Puma (Ricochet). That was just a fun hour of television. Wrestling was good, storylines were developed, and there was a little bit of something for everyone in the match itself.

I don't get Lucha Underground. Thus, I will not be covering it weekly on my blog. But I may break out a Lucha Underground review from time to time. If anyone has a show they want me to cover, let me know. (Needs to be on Netflix or available on YouTube)


Thanks everyone. Take care. Spread some awesomeness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UnWrest Focus REWIND: Vader vs. Cactus Jack (WCW Halloween Havoc, 10/24/1993)

Spin the Wheel, Make The Deal. That was the gimmick going into this iconic match between two of the hardest hitting wrestlers of all time. It was the storyline months in development: Cactus Jack had just returned after Vader mauled him with a battery of injuries and a concussion to get his revenge. Vader, a merciless monster who delivers pain and punishment to all his vicitms, faced Cactus Jack, the one guy who would take Vader's assault and like the orphan Annie would ask for more. And if Vader wanted to brawl, no one could take Vader's offense and return it in spades quite like Cactus Jack. So, WCW billed the match as "Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal." The idea being that the actual stipulation of the match would be determined on Halloween Havoc by the spin of a big wheel. (If only wrestling could take the "Big Wheel" from The Price is Right. And of course, we'd have to make sure it goes all the way around.) So, the wheel landed that night on a Texas D