Skip to main content

Survivor Series 2018 Predictions: Legit Chaos in Promotion


Where do I begin? So many changes have happened to this show in the past 3 days that I'm glad I didn't jumpstart this very post before now. And I'm still wondering if THIS is too early. Instead of a long intro on what's changed, I'll just try to do the best I can while discussing each match.

Here's the card, according to Wikipedia:


So, let's start from the top of that card.

1) Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair

So much to go over for this. First, I feel robbed that Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey will not be happening. Fate intervened in the way of an accidental  Nia Jax punch during the big brawl Monday Night (see my review here for more on that incredible moment for Becky Lynch).
But now, we are getting this instead: WrestleMania 35's rumored main event coming earlier than anyone thought. The Baddest Woman on the Planet versus (arguably) the Best Women's Wrestler on the Planet. This will be a fun impromptu match, and I have no doubt Charlotte will bring out the best of Ronda Rousey in terms of having a great in-ring match. But this is happening too early for Ronda Rousey to lose. I have Ronda winning this match. (And I also have penciled in Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey for WrestleMania 35's main event. This feud and the build on social media is too good not to capitalize on it on a big/bigger stage than Survivor Series.)

Raw: 1-0

2) Seth Rollins vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
The two mid-card champions collide. Seth Rollins is completely distracted at the moment with the Dean Ambrose situation and has decided to ignore Nakamura until Survivor Series. That's basically what Vince McMahon has done with Shinsuke in the last two months. So, you can't blame Rollins in this case. Still, if I'm booking this match (which I'm not), I have Rollins about to hit the Curb Stomp on Nakamura. Then, Ambrose comes out to distract the referee and Rollins. This allows Nakamura to hit his classic low blow (with facial mannerisms) behind the referee's back and get the Kinshasa in for the pinfall. I'm going to be bold here and predict a Shinsuke Nakamura victory for this match based on the Ambrose-Rollins feud.

Tie: 1-1

3) Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan

Well, this is a new match. I'm not sure of the reasoning for having AJ lose the title this close to the PPV match they've hyped up for 2 weeks. And now, you have the HEEL Brock Lesnar facing the newly-HEEL Daniel Bryan. If Bryan wins, it would be HUGE for his career. He'd be the guy that chopped down The Beast. In fact, I see this match going similarly to how the Punk-Lesnar match went at SummerSlam 2013. And I see the same result: Lesnar wins. I don't think they'll have Brock job this soon after regaining the Universal Championship and retaking his position as the "Big Boss Battle" of the Raw show video game. That being said, it'll be quite the show. Here's one spot I hope to God we get: An F-5 countered into a Yes Lock from Bryan. And/Or The Yes Lock turned into an F-5. I'll take either one.

Raw: 2-1

4) Men's Survivor Series Match: Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown

On paper, I think there's no doubt in my mind that Team Raw should utterly destroy Team SmackDown. Drew McIntyre is someone they are building up huge on Raw, and Braun Strowman has the added incentive for a Universal Championship match and a shot at Baron Corbin should his team win. BUT I think Team SmackDown will pull out the upset on this match. Hear me out: Braun will get eliminated either due to Baron Corbin or the problems between him and Ziggler/McIntyre. This causes these three men to basically cancel each other out. Meanwhile, Finn Balor will do what he does best in Vince McMahon's eyes: put his shoulders down on the mat for 3 seconds at a time. And Bobby Lashley is just inconsistently pushed and de-pushed. I think Team SmackDown will win thanks to the implosion that will happen on Team Raw. Plus, don't be too surprised if Team SmackDown doesn't go through ANOTHER big change before this match takes place (see: AJ Styles).

Tie: 2-2

5) Women's Survivor Series Match: Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown Live

The only way Raw would lose this match in my opinion is if Team Raw implodes in on itself. But given the push of Nia Jax and Tamina and Alexa Bliss's guarantee, I feel that Team Raw is going to win this Women's Survivor Series match for the 3rd year in a row.


Raw: 3-2

6) AOP vs. The Bar

Again, this is another match where I don't see the Raw act losing to the SmackDown team. They are trying to build AOP as this unstoppable force. Meanwhile, The Bar has... The Big Show. Ok. I found my out. Big Show is knocking some people out. I am now predicting that Big Show knocks out one of AOP and Drake Maverick just for the hell of it. Sheamus and Cesaro get a cheap win.

Tie 3-3. 

7) Tag Team Survivor Series Match: Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown Live.

The land of the misfit toys is the WWE Tag Team Division (including both brands). BUT you have to give the edge to SmackDown Live as they've been holding it down with some excellent tag team matches. And by THEY, I mean The Usos and The New Day. They will NOT lose this match. Raw is just pathetic at this point with how they book and treat their tag team wrestlers. See how Braun Strowman just beat everyone on this Team Raw singlehandedly at the same time.

SmackDown gets the victory overall this night 4-3.

8) WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Buddy Murphy vs. Mustafa Ali

I don't watch 205 Live. So, I have no choice but to flip the coin.  OOOOOOOOOOH! BUDDY MURPHY RETAINS! Yea for Australia!

205 Live gets 5 minutes in the sun while most the fans hit the restroom or the concessions in the arena or their refrigerators at home.

Overall, this should be a fun show. I'm still surprised that AJ Styles has NOTHING to do on this show after what happened Tuesday Night. I hope that's not the case going into Sunday as I would like to see AJ replace Shane McMahon on Team SmackDown if possible.

I will be reviewing the show Sunday Night. So, be sure to check out the post around 11:30pm EST or the next day.

Until next time, take care of yourselves. Spread some awesomeness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UnWrest Focus REWIND: Vader vs. Cactus Jack (WCW Halloween Havoc, 10/24/1993)

Spin the Wheel, Make The Deal. That was the gimmick going into this iconic match between two of the hardest hitting wrestlers of all time. It was the storyline months in development: Cactus Jack had just returned after Vader mauled him with a battery of injuries and a concussion to get his revenge. Vader, a merciless monster who delivers pain and punishment to all his vicitms, faced Cactus Jack, the one guy who would take Vader's assault and like the orphan Annie would ask for more. And if Vader wanted to brawl, no one could take Vader's offense and return it in spades quite like Cactus Jack. So, WCW billed the match as "Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal." The idea being that the actual stipulation of the match would be determined on Halloween Havoc by the spin of a big wheel. (If only wrestling could take the "Big Wheel" from The Price is Right. And of course, we'd have to make sure it goes all the way around.) So, the wheel landed that night on a Texas D